- Public Health (12)
- Diaspora/Migration (10)
- Arts (7)
- Islam (7)
- Queer (6)
- Activism (5)
- Immigration (5)
- Class (4)
- Gender (4)
- Race (4)
- 11-Sep (3)
- Globalization (3)
- Labor (3)
- Youth/2nd Gen (3)
- Colonialism (2)
- Communalism (2)
- Development (2)
- Militarism & War (2)
- Nationalism (2)
- Neoliberalism (2)
- Media (1)
- Narmada (1)
- Separatism (1)
- Urdu (1)
Results for Books
- Talking of Muskaan: A review
Rupali Ghosh provides a review of Himanjali Sankar's Talking of Muskaan , a recently published novel about sexuality and coming of age for young adult readers. ...
- Book Review: Corona by Bushra Rehman (Sibling Rivalry Press, 2013)
This fragmented, musical novel breaks the prettiness of memory, brings irreverent humor where it should, shows the crisscross of ethnic neighborhoods in New York City, and celebrates love in the midst of violence. ...
- Book Review: The State of Islam: Culture And Cold War Politics In Pakistan by Saadia Toor
Hamzah Saif reviews Saadia Toor's The State of Islam , "a forceful corrective to the dialogue on Pakistan." ...
- Uncovering Multiracial South Asian America: A Review of Vivek Bald's Bengali Harlem
Seema Sohi reviews Vivek Bald's new book, Bengali Harlem and the Lost Hostories of South Asian America . She notes, " Bengali Harle m is more than an excavation of histories that have yet to receive their full due. By tracing the South ...
- Letters to a Desi Radical (in the Making): Review of Uncle Swami: South Asians in America Today by Vijay Prashad
Junaid Rana gives his take on Vijay Prashad's latest text, Uncle Swami ...
- Mazdoori and Azadi: A Portrait of Invisible Men in an Invisible City
The day-time bus ride from Bangalore to Chennai is one of those seemingly endless journeys; I picked up the book, Free Man, which I had begun to read a few days earlier. I was on my way back from a job interview with a mainstream newspaper, where I’d ...
- Contempt of Court
A Review of Arundhati Roy's Power Politics ...
- Reading The Trouble with Islam , Part 2
Troubled by Irshad Manji ...
- The Trouble with Secularism
A Review of Amitava Kumar's Husband of a Fanatic ...
- Jungleeji's Advice for the Love Lorn