- (-) Communalism
- Public Health (14)
- Hinduism (11)
- Activism (9)
- Arts (8)
- Islam (8)
- Diaspora/Migration (6)
- Militarism & War (6)
- Nationalism (6)
- Gender (5)
- Neoliberalism (5)
- Colonialism (4)
- Youth/2nd Gen (4)
- 11-Sep (3)
- Queer (3)
- Race (3)
- Caste (2)
- Censorship (2)
- Class (2)
- Elections (2)
- Separatism (2)
- Dalit (1)
- Finance (1)
- Immigration (1)
- Labor (1)
- Obama (1)
- Police Brutality (1)
Results for Communalism
- Lean Left: Young Radical Voices
Flash back to the first time you met another Desi lefty. Can you remember the quickening of your heart? Your excitement at finding someone who cared about the same issues and communities? For most of us, the moment we realized we weren’t alone in the ...
- Your House is Burning Sister, You Better Pray: The Unholy Union of Patriarchy & Religion in Sri Lanka
Nimmi Gowrinathan and Sithy Farzana expose the intensity with which patriarchy upholds a religious nationalism that has Sri Lanka's women, and Muslim women in particular, cornered with little recourse. ...
- Making Sense of Incoherent Math: The Indian Election and Diasporic Politics
How can an event be at once ordinary and extraordinary, simultaneously decisive and indecisive? The victory of Narendra Modi and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the Indian parliamentary elections of 2014 is indeed a watershed moment; for the first ...
- To the Hindu middle-class: Why “wait and see” won’t cut it
In 2006 and 2007, I spent several months in Ahmedabad while on a fellowship from my university in the US. During my time in Ahmedabad, I interacted with the mostly-Hindu NGO staff where I was based, residents of the largely Hindu shantytown where the NGO ...
- the colour of mourning
Amal Rana explores how love can inspire revolution. ...
- The Berkeley South Asian Radical History Walking Tour: Building Our Movement, One Story At A Time
Anirvan Chatterjee takes us on a tour of Berkeley’s radical South Asian American history, and argues that historical memory is one of the key inspirations for contemporary political movements ...
- Book Review: The State of Islam: Culture And Cold War Politics In Pakistan by Saadia Toor
Hamzah Saif reviews Saadia Toor's The State of Islam , "a forceful corrective to the dialogue on Pakistan." ...
- Writing Trauma: A Creative Writing Installation on women's survival in Gujarat, a post and present conflict zone
- History of Communalism in India
History and context of how communalism grew in India (part of SAJ-LA's Gujarat Genocide event) ...
- Tracks Back Home
Live reading of poem developed for the South Asians for Justice event "Gujarat Genocide and US Solidarity" in Los Angeles, April 2012 ...